Pages

Sunday, 1 March 2015

9/52

This weekend we went our separate ways, J with eldest, me with littlest. J had already kitted Miss M out with walking boots and waterproofs, they planned a walk up one of the 3 Peaks, Pen-y-ghent. She did really well, J admitting he gave her a shoulder ride near the top, it was a foggy and windy day, so not being able to see the top made it difficult.  I'm told there were many games of eye spy and singing of Frozen songs along the way :-)

I let Ro decide where our adventure began...he chose a train ride. We drove to our nearest town, hopped on a steam train to Haworth, it happened to be 'steam gala weekend', so were lots of train enthusiasts around. Walking up the famous cobbled Main Street, we stopped at an art cafe. Ro chose a pottery dragonfly to paint and we ordered pancakes and ice-cream, Latte for moi. 

I chose the picture below for this week's photo as I like the contrasts...the old terraced houses and the coal bunkers with the new cars sandwiched in between. It just looks like one of those photo's I'll enjoy looking back on.



"a portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2015"

Ro: A steam gala day at Haworth, watching/listening for the next train.
Miss M: A day out with Daddy, climbing/hiking one of the 3 peaks: Pen-y-ghent.

Joining Jodi for the 52 Project

No comments:

Post a Comment